The company also controls the domain chocolissimozaabar.com including the sub-domains shop.
(2) Our disclaimer and
(3) Any other policy developed by SA Zaabär Belgium from time to time and notified on any part of the site.
In this policy: “We” or “The Belgian Chocolate Makers” means SA Zaabär Belgium or any subsidiary or authorized distributor, “you” means you, the person using our services or visiting the site, “services” means all services we provide to you, including providing you with access to the site.
Consent to collection and use of data
Types of data collected
As you navigate within the site, we automatically track, collect and store information about you, your computer, PDA, telephone or other voice internet portals. This information may include some or all of the following information about you and your visit:
– the IP address of your machine when connected to the internet
– the domain name from which you are accessing the internet
– the operating system and the browser your computer uses
– any search engine you are using
– the date and time you are visiting
– the URLs of the pages you visit
– if you provide them, your name, email, address and other personal data
Email advertising if you subscribe to the newsletter
If you subscribe to our newsletter, we will regularly send you our email newsletter based on your consent according to Art. 6 (1) 1 lit. a) GDPR, using the data required or disclosed by you separately for this purpose.
You may unsubscribe from the newsletter service at any time. For this purpose you can either send a message to the contact option specified below or use the opt-out link in the newsletter. Upon unsubscription, we will delete your email address unless you have expressly consented to the further use of your data or we reserve the right to further use your personal data in the scope and manner permitted by the law, of which we inform you in this notice.
Retention of information
We may hold information you provide to us, share it with our affiliates, employees and contractors, credit reference agencies and collection agencies. This enables us to:
– provide services to you
– send you bills and recover money you owe to us
– keep you informed of services available to you from us
– exercise any lawful right any of us has
SA Zaabär Belgium does not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 18 and does not target the site to children under 13. We encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s online activities and interests.
The site may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the reliability of the content or privacy practices of such other websites.
We may provide you with chat features, instant messaging, message boards, community forums and/or news groups through the online community or otherwise. Please remember that any information that you disclose in the online community or other public areas of the site will become public information, and become accessible to all other members of the online community and the public. We do not intend (but reserve the right) to monitor, moderate or screen the contents of user postings. We bear no responsibility for any such content and you should be cautious when considering whether to disclose your personal information in the online community or any public or private forums.
The site has security measures to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of information contained within it. We have put in place reasonable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect. These measures may or may not be vulnerable to hacking, and we do not guarantee complete security.
Lost or stolen information
You must notify us promptly if your user name or password is lost, stolen or used without permission. Upon notice, we will cancel that user name or password and update our records accordingly.
In accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 08/12/1992 (Belgian law), the personal data of our customers shall be stored in the database of SA Zaabär Belgium with its registered office at Chaussée de Charleroi 125, 1060 Brussels, Belgium. Customers personal data shall be collected exclusively for marketing and reference purposes and for completing orders by SA Zaabär Belgium. It shall be processed for the purposes of carrying out the statutory business activities and organizing promotional and advertising campaigns by the company. It shall also be protected as stipulated by the Personal Data Protection Act.
Each Customer shall have the right to access his or her personal data, to correct it and to request that it no longer be processed. Each Customer shall also have the right to object, of which our registered office shall be notified in writing. Third party (order recipients') data shared by the customer are used exclusively in order to complete the order placed by the customer. SA Zaabär Belgium shall not be liable for any damage inflicted upon any third parties by the customer as a result of making available by the customer to any third parties of any passwords, access details to his or her email account, logins, links for tracking orders and any other non-public data provided for the purpose of completing an order or where a third party acquired such data unlawfully (theft of personal data, hacking of IT systems, hacking of email accounts). Simultaneously, SA Zaabär Belgium undertakes to store and protect personal data diligently and not to make it available to any third parties without the customer’s consent.
Being the data subject, you have the following rights according to:
• art. 15 GDPR, the right to obtain information about your personal data which we process, within the scope described therein;
• art. 16 GDPR, the right to immediately demand rectification of incorrect or completion of your personal data stored by us;
• art. 17 GDPR, the right to request erasure of your personal data stored with us, unless further processing is required,
- to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information;
- for compliance with a legal obligation;
- for reasons of public interest or
- for establishing, exercising or defending legal claims;
• art. 18 GDPR, the right to request restriction of processing of your personal data, insofar as
- the accuracy of the data is contested by you;
- the processing is unlawful, but you refuse their erasure;
- we no longer need the data, but you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with art. 21 GDPR;
• art. 20 GDPR, the right to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request its transmission to another controller;
• art. 77 GDPR, the right to complain to a supervisory authority. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority at your habitual place of residence or workplace or at our company headquarters.
We provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communication from us or our affiliates when we request information from you. You may send a request to remove your information from our database, stop future communication, limit the use of your information, or to review and modify information that you may have previously provided using the contact information provided in the “contact us” section.